Who We Are
The Massachusetts Career & Technical Educators Organization (MVA, Inc.) is a non-profit organization. Membership consists of individuals working in the state of Massachusetts and is available to anyone who would like to support and preserve Vocational/Technical and Career Education at both secondary and post-secondary levels. The majority of our members are educators and also includes administrators, industry leaders, parents, retirees, school committee members, and support personnel associated with vocational/technical and career education.
MassCTE Membership Benefits
- Your support as a member to both MassCTE and ACTE will provide vocational/technical and career education community representation at state and national levels involving vocational/technical and career education legislation.
- Your membership contribution helps support scholarships which promote Vocational, Career, & Technical Education and are tax deductible. The following are yearly scholarships/awards:
- Outstanding Secondary Vocational/Technical Student
- Outstanding Post-Secondary Vocational/Technical Student
- New Teacher Award given to a new teacher who exemplifies excellence in teaching in the CVTE high school setting
- Other awards include: Harold L. Pride Award, Presidential Achievement, Presidential Certificate of Merit, and Quarter Century Club
2023-2024 MassCTE Executive Board
|President||Kyla Martin||Lower Pioneer Valley (W)|
|Central Chapter / Vice President||Vacant||Vacant|
|Eastern Chapter President||Kerry O’Brien||Shawsheen Tech (E)|
|South Eastern Chapter President||Carol Hartnett||Blue Hills / Retired (SE)|
|Western Chapter President||Joe Brewer||Smith Voc & Agricultural HS (W)|
|Secretary||Lauren Aubertine||Greater New Bedford (SE)|
|Past President / Exec Board Consultant||Ricardo Torres||Worcester Tech (C)|
|Treasurer / Membership Coordinator||Jennifer Karamanian||Bristol Plymouth RVT|
|Leadership Workshop Coordinator||Jarrod Lussier||Southeastern Regional Voc Tech HS|
|MVA/MassCTE Executive Board Non-Voting Members|
|MVA/MassCTE Executive Director||Brian Cummings||Worcester Tech (C)|
|2023-2026 ACTE Region I Rep. Policy (3-yr. term)||Kyla Martin||Lower Pioneer Valley (W)|
|Awards Chairperson||Don Erickson||Loyalty (Retired)|
|MAVA President||Heidi T. Riccio||Essex North Shore Ag/Tech HS|
|Conference Sub-Committee Chairperson||Carol Hartnett||Blue Hills/Retired (SE)|
|Mass SkillsUSA Exec. Director||Karen Ward|
|Legislative Liaison / Communication Support||Anticipated 2024-2025|
The mission of the Massachusetts Career & Technical Educators Organization/MVA, Inc. (“MassCTE”), is to promote and strengthen career/vocational technical education, to enhance the job performance and satisfaction of its members by increasing public awareness and appreciation for career and technical programs. Today’s cutting edge, rigorous and relevant CVTE prepares youth and adults for a wide range of high-waged, highly skilled and high-demand careers.
Click here to review the current MVA/MassCTE Bylaws
MVA/MassCTE Bylaws – Revised 2018
Revisions to our bylaws relating to our organizational name change (DBA) is in board review and will be reviewed/released as soon as possible (Anticipated 2023-2024).